It’s a great feeling to feel that nip in the air after a long, blazing summer season. While our heart welcomes the change in the weather, our body may need more time to adjust to it. The transition in the weather along with intensified pollution makes us susceptible to common infections like cold and cough. Although seasonal change is not in our hands, but preparing ourselves to bear the brunt of adverse weather conditions very much is. The best way to go about it is to strengthen your immunity through a healthy diet, and we have the perfect recipe for you.
This warm, healthy shorba is enriched with protein-rich moong dal and nutritious ghia (bottle gourd) along with healthful spices like bay leaf, turmeric and cumin powder. All the ingredients offer their fair share of contribution into making this shorba a highly nutritious and immunity-boosting meal. Not to mention, the variety of flavors you’ll get in it.
If you like your soup creamy but avoid cream due to health reasons, this shorba recipe is just perfect! It is made creamier with the addition of milk, which one adds to its healthfulness. The recipe has been shared by nutritionist/author/food technologist Avantii Deshpaande on her YouTube channel. Without further ado, let’s get started with the recipe.
How To Make Moong Dal-Ghia Shorba I Protein-Rich Soup Recipe:
According to Avantii Deshpaande, this vegetarian soup is rich in protein is also light on digestion. While the recipe uses bottle gourd with moong dal, you can choose any other variety of vegetables of your choice to make it more nourishing.
Here’s the step-by-step recipe of moong-dal shorba:
1. To make the shorba, first heat oil in a pan and add the turmeric, Saute the onions and the bottle gourd . Add moong dal and saute, and add 500 ml to 750 ml (4-5 cups) water, pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2. Cool the mixture and blend it to make puree.
3. Heat the kadhai and add oil to it. Add bay leaf and cinnamon. Add the ginger juliennes and the prepared puree to this.
4. Then add half a cup of milk into this.
5. Add the cumin powder and the chilli flakes. Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice.
6. Pour in a bowl and garnish with parsley.
You can watch the complete recipe video below.
(Also Read: 13 Best Soup Recipes – A Meal in Minutes)
Brave the seasonal change and the health issues it brings along with this power-packed protein-rich soup recipe.
Featured Video Of The Day
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe | How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup